There is a non-refundable registration fee of $30.00 per family for the 2021-2022 dance season. Classes will be on a first come, first serve basis. We have the right to combine any class that enrollment falls below eight. If the desired class is closed upon registration, your name will be put on a wait list.
Tuition may be divided into quarterly or yearly payments. Tuition is based on enrollment for a full school year of classes. You may make your payment with any of the following:
- through your parent portal with a credit card
- check, cash or credit card in the office
Payment schedules are as follows:
- First Installment is due upon registration
- Second Installment Due October 1
- Third Installment Due February 1
- Fourth Installment Due March 1
All tuition payments are expected on time. No paper billing – payment reminders via email only. Checks may be mailed to the studio or deposited in the tuition payment box in Studio 1 before the due date. VISA, MASTERCARD and DISCOVER accepted for tuition payments only. You may log into your parent portal at any time to see your balance and make a payment. All cash payments must be made in the office only. Any account with a payment more than 20 days late will be charged a $25.00 late fee. There will be a $35.00 charge for any returned checks.
Discounts are given to individual students who take multiple classes per week. 10% discount for the third class taken and 15% for each additional class. Families with more than one child enrolled receive $100.00 off of yearly tuition. Yearly tuitions paid in full upon registration will be discounted 5%. This must be paid in cash/check only. Paid in full discount does not apply for credit card payments.
New Student Referral
Any new student referral by a current DWS family (registering for a full dance season) will receive $50.00 tuition credit for the Fall season.
Any student registering for classes and then withdrawing after October 10th will be required to pay ½ of yearly tuition for the class withdrawn from. If a student does not wish to continue, the office needs to be notified through email by October 10th.
We encourage our students to attend classes regularly for continued improvement. Any student with perfect attendance at the end of our dance season will receive a certificate from their teacher. The Dance Workshop does not refund accounts for classes missed, but will be happy to schedule a make-up session.
- The Dance Workshop is a nut-free environment.
- Entrance to all three studios is from the back of the building. All doors are marked.
- No street shoes allowed on the dance floor/No dance shoes allowed outside.
- All dancers are expected to behave in a disciplined and courteous manner in class.
- All dancers are expected to treat fellow dancers with respect and absolutely no bullying will be tolerated. If any students behavior disrupts the learning process of the class, that student will be dismissed.
- All dancers are expected to be on time for their scheduled class. Any dancer 10 minutes late to their dance class will not be able to participate.
- All students need to come dressed and ready for dance class with proper attire, proper shoes, hair pulled back, etc.
- Dancers who may have a short wait time in between classes must sit in the waiting room. No wondering in and out of other studios.
Studio Safety Guidelines
The Dance Workshop continues to commit to the wellness and safety of our dancers, their families, our staff and our studio. Please read the following guidelines and best practices carefully so we can continue to create and support a safe environment.
- Dancers and/or Staff must stay home if they are feeling ill, have a fever or show any symptoms of being sick.
- If a dancer tests positive for Covid-19, you must inform the office immediately and we will direct you on protocols for returning.
- Waiting rooms will remain closed during class times. Drop off of dancers is PREFERRED, however the waiting rooms will be accessible for arrival and dismissal of young students. No spectators allowed to stay during class times/rehearsals.
- Masks: 2/28/22 – The Dance Workshop will follow the Monroe School Systems decision and have masks optional in the dance studio by choice of the individual and family.
- Hand washing or sanitization upon entry to facility is encouraged.
- Sanitizing stations are available throughout the facility for dancers and staff.
- High-contact surfaces, bathrooms, ballet barres and waiting areas will be disinfected frequently throughout the day.
*All future guidelines will be updated on this page