There is a non-refundable registration fee of $30.00 per family for the 2020-2021 dance season. Class space will be reserved upon receipt of the registration fee, first quarterly installment and the completed and signed registration form. Classes will be on a first come, first serve basis. We have the right to combine any class that enrollment falls below eight. If the desired class is closed upon registration, your name will be put on a wait list. All newsletters/notifications are done through email only.
Tuition may be divided into quarterly or yearly payments. Tuition is based on enrollment for a full school year of classes. Payment schedules are as follows:
- First Installment is due upon registration
- Second Installment Due October 1
- Third Installment Due February 1
- Fourth Installment Due March 1
All tuition payments are expected on time. No paper billing, payment reminders via email only. Checks may be mailed or deposited in the tuition payment box in Studio 1. VISA, MASTERCARD and DISCOVER accepted for tuition payments only. All cash payments must be made in the office only. Any account with a payment more than 20 days late will be charged a $25.00 late fee. There will be a $35.00 charge for any returned checks.
Discounts are given to individual students who take multiple classes per week. 10% discount for the third class taken and 15% for each additional class. Families with more than one child enrolled receive $100.00 off of yearly tuition. Yearly tuitions paid in full upon registration will be discounted 5%. This must be paid in cash/check only. Paid in full discount does not apply for credit card payments.
New Student Referral
Any new student referral by a current DWS family (registering for a full dance season) will receive $50.00 tuition credit.
Any student registering for classes and then withdrawing after October 10th will be required to pay ½ of yearly tuition for the class withdrawn from. If a student does not wish to continue, the office needs to be notified through email by October 10th.
We encourage our students to attend classes regularly for continued improvement. Any student with perfect attendance at the end of our dance season will receive a certificate from their teacher. The Dance Workshop does not refund accounts for classes missed, but will be happy to schedule a make-up session.
- The Dance Workshop is a nut-free environment.
- All dancers are expected to behave in a disciplined and courteous manner.
- All dancers are expected to treat fellow dancers with respect and absolutely no bullying will be tolerated. If any students behavior disrupts the learning process of the class, that student will be dismissed.
- All dancers are expected to be on time for their scheduled class. Any dancer 10 minutes late to their dance class will not be able to participate.
- In the event of a CT stay-at-home executive order, The Dance Workshop will continue all dance classes through our virtual program.
Covid- 19 Studio Guidelines
If a dancer is feeling ill or showing any symptoms, that dancer MUST stay home.
- Limited class sizes based on available space and ability to social distance with six feet between dancers and instructors.
- Floor stickers are used for dancers to stand on.
- Staff will reinforce all rules for dancers when needed.
- Studio 1 & Studio 2 classes:
- Entrance is the back door of Studio 1 ONLY and Exit will be out the back door of Studio 2 ONLY
- Studio 3 classes:
- Entrance and exit will be at the back door and we have allowed an extra 5 minutes between classes for dismissal and arrival to eliminate any congestion.
- Drop off of dancers is PREFERRED, however the studio waiting rooms will be accessible for arrival and dismissal of young students. No spectators allowed to stay during class times/camps.
- All entering the studio will be required to wear a face covering that completely covers the nose and mouth.
- All dancers will be temperature checked when they arrive.
- Dancers will not be required to wear a face covering while they are dancing HOWEVER, individuals may wear a face covering or a face shield during their class.
- Dancers must bring their own face coverings/mask. The studio will have disposable masks available if needed or you may purchase a face shield for $5. to keep.
- Lost & Found is eliminated
- All staff will be temperature checked and screened as they arrive for their shift.
- Teachers will wear protected face coverings while teaching.
- Staff must stay home if they are feeling ill or showing any symptoms.
- Hand washing or sanitization upon entry to facility.
- Sanitizing products used meet the CDC/Health Department guidelines.
- Sanitizing products will be available throughout the facility for employees and dancers.
- Staff will routinely disinfect high-contact surfaces, restrooms, ballet barres and waiting areas.